Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Scope and content
Fonds consists of correspondence and documents relating to the professional life of Norman Turner, marine surveyor, dating from 1962 to 1964.
1. Reports and Correspondence from Department of Transport, marine regulations branch, dating to 1962.
2. Reports, correspondence, and certificates of markings from Department of Transport and reports and correspondence from National Revenue, Canada. Relating primarily to registries of shipping queries, dating to 1963.
3. Surveyor’s reports, builder’s certificates, and certificates of survey from the Department of Transport.
4. General correspondence with various contractors and businesses in the shipbuilding industry, dating to 1963.
5. Correspondence, survey forms, and annual surveys from the Department of Transport, Ottawa, dating to 1964.
6. Registrars of shipping from the department of Transport and correspondence from National Revenue, Canada, dating from 1964.
7. General correspondence and survey forms from the department of Transport dating to 1964.
8. General correspondence with various contractors and businesses in the shipbuilding industry, dating to 1964.
9. Forms, correspondence, and surveyor’s reports dating to 1964.
10. Blank survey formula forms from Norman Turner, marine surveyor and ships plans by Raymond H. Richards, naval architect & marine surveyor.
11. Correspondence between Norman Turner and Mr. Jack H. Pert regarding measuring survey request, dated January 1964.
12. Correspondence between Norman Turner and Yarrows Limited. And Victoria Machinery Depot Co., Limited and ships plans from Yarrows Limited, dating to 1962.
13. Correspondence relating to measuring surveys for the British American Oil Company Limited and architectural plans for mooring float for B.A. Oil and Royal Victoria Yachting Club.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Turner, Norman (Creator)
- Yarrows Shipbuilding Limited (Subject)
- Vancouver Tug Boat Company Limited (Subject)
- Victoria Machinery Depot Company Limited (Subject)
- Burrard Dry Dock Company Limited (Subject)
- Royal Victoria Yacht Club (Subject)
- M/V Queen of Esquimalt (ship) (Subject)
- M/V Albert J. Savoie (ship) (Subject)
- British American Oil Company (Subject)
- Department of Transportation (Subject)