Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Scope and content
The fonds contains service records, personal documents, and correspondence of Captain Donald Boucher MacPherson during his time with the Royal Canadian Army Service Corps and while working in marine towing and salvage.
1. Canadian Army (active) tradesmen’s qualifications for D.B. McPherson, dated 4 February 1946.
2. Letter of recommendation for D.B. MacPherson from the Department of National Defense, signed by C.G. Matthews, Major, Officer Commanding, Water Transport Coy, R.C.A.S.C., dated 12 February 1946.
3. Canadian Army (active) Discharge Certificate for D.B. MacPherson, dated 4 February 1946.
4. Permanent and sleeping out pass for unit: R.C.A.S.C. Water Transport, P.C, issued to D.B. MacPherson, dated 24 August 1943.
5. Alien Registration receipt card and certificate of nationality of seamen, for D.B. MacPherson, dated 2 July 1940.
6. Certificate of competency as master of a Steam Tug Boat in the coasting trade issued to D.B. MacPherson dated 12 April 1923. Also has handwritten note in top corner dated 19 May 1947.
7. Certificate from the minister of national defense appointing D.B. MacPherson to the rank of Sergeant Major (skipper) Warrant Officer Class 1 beginning 1 September 1944, dated 4 July 1946, signed by A. Ross, Deputy Minister of National Defense. Also has two badges stapled to each corner.
8. Certificate of competency as master of a passenger tug boat in the coasting trade issued by the minister of Marine and Fisheries for the Dominion of Canada for Donald McPherson (born 15 April 1857, died 15 April 1930). (Perhaps D.B. MacPherson’s father?), dated 15 January 1906.
1. Correspondence addressed to D.B. Macpherson from:
a. The Department of Public Works dating from 1951 to 1952
b. The Alaska Steamship Company dating to 1958
c. The Department of Highways and Greyhound Lines of Canada Limited dating to 1962
2. And, a letter from D.B. Macpherson, recipient unknown, describing 3 attached photographs.
1. Testimonial of sea service of D.B. MacPherson, signed December 1919.
2. 5 certificates of service for seamen of Canadian Coasting or Inland Vessels for D.B. MacPherson for work on B.C. Coast Towing, dating from 1915 to 1923.
3. 10 letters of reference written by Victoria Tug Co., Limited, Headquarters Pacific Command, Department of National Defence, and Island Tug & Barge regarding the service of D.B. MacPherson, dating from 1919 to 1923.
4. 4 letters between D.B. MacPherson and the Department of Public Works, Victoria regarding employment, dating to 1947, and 1 receipt for a payment made by D.B. MacPherson 29 April 1947.
5. 6 letters from the Department of Public Works, Victoria dating from 1951 and 1952.
6. Letter from the Department of Highways dated 23 April 1962.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Standard number area
Subject access points
Name access points
- MacPherson, D.B. (Creator)
- Canadian Pacific Steamship Lines (Subject)
- Victoria Tug Boat Company Limited (Subject)
- Island Tug & Barge Limited (Subject)
- Department of Marine and Fisheries (Subject)
- Department of National Defence (Subject)
- Department of Highways (Subject)
- Department of Public Works, Victoria (Subject)
- Royal Canadian Army Service Corps. (Subject)
- Department of Transportation (Subject)